Yesterday, the 5 of us went to Seattle. I've always wanted to go there, so now I can cross that one off my list. This is Kiera getting ready to go
We took the scenic route (on purpose) down Chuckanut Drive and these were the views
We went to Deception Pass
and we walked down it on a pedestrian path and this was the view
We went to Oak Harbor where Art grew up and then took a ferry from Whidbey Island to Mukilteo
This was the view from the ferry
From there we drove to Seattle to Kerry Park where you can see downtown Seattle with the Space Needle and the water on the right is Puget Sound
The Space Needle
I wasn't going to go up it because I didn't want to pay $16, but then Jenene handed me a $20 bill and said, "This is your birthday present. Use it to go up the Space Needle; the view is worth it!" Thanks Jenene, you're awesome! So, my mom, Kiera (who was free), and I went up the 600-foot Needle and it was definitely worth it! Here were the views from 4 sides:
This was the International Fountain close to the Space Needle and there's a rainbow on the right again
We went to Pike Place Market which is a huge indoor market on the coast that has 3 floors
These guys throw big fish at each other randomly
and then we went downtown to eat supper at the Cheesecake Factory
Inside the restaurant
Kiera was waiting for food...she hasn't been liking baby food anymore and wants everything that we eat, so we are transitioning her to that and we just give her stuff off our plates as long as it's not spicy
Jenene and I shared an order of hot buffalo wings and we all ordered a different kind of cheesecake...I had white chocolate caramel macadamia nut and it was AMAZING and huge! This is the remainder (it covered almost the whole plate)
None of us were fans of the copious amounts of whipped cream, so we piled it onto one plate
I caught a picture of the Space Needle as we were leaving...what a great day we had!
I've been so busy blogging about trip stuff that I forgot to tell you that Kiera is officially speaking her first English word. :) :) :) She is always saying, "Hi!" and "Hey!" to us and other people she sees out in public!! She mostly only says it without being prompted...it often doesn't work if you try to get her to repeat it. I'm really excited about that! I joked with Jared that she'd be walking and talking by the time we got back, so 1 out of 2 isn't bad! Art's parents are here, so I better get off the internet and start socializing. Ta ta!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Washington Adventure Day 5
Posted by Elleah at 7:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The talking begins, that's awesome. I love that stage. Th pictures ar beautiful.
Beautiful pictures! That's great that Kiera's talking!
What the heck are we doing living out here?? I want to move out there! Those pictures are just gorgeous!
And that's so cute that Kiera's talking!
Post a Comment