Last night, I had a dream about my upcoming trip to Washington. I dreamed that when we got on the plane, I had forgotten to take formula along so that I could give Kiera a bottle during take-off and landing (which is what I'm actually planning to do) and I had no food along for her. I started to panic until I saw at the front of the plane a huge tin up to my waist full of Enfamil powder formula. I quickly raced up to the front with Kiera's bottle and I took the last of the powder. The stewardess then saw that the formula was gone, so she got off the plane and went to Shopper's Drug Mart to pick up some more. At first, all she saw was the store brand formula and that wasn't good enough, but then she saw a small tin of Enfamil for $30. She thought that was too expensive, so she got back on the plane empty-handed. There was another guy on the plane waiting for formula since he hadn't brought any along, so he wasn't very happy. I was quite happy until my mom and I realized that we had forgotten to take the GPS along for in the car and we hadn't brought any maps along with us! As I was panicking about that, my alarm went off. Thank goodness!
Last week, my goal was to find a program to edit pictures and to make greeting cards out of our family pictures. The first program wasn't hard to find, but the 2nd program took me hours and hours to find a good, free program with nice backgrounds. I finally found both programs, totally free and legal-to-download. I've been wanting to get photoshop, but this program does everything that photoshop does! It's called GIMP and you can download it here. So far I've been using the eraser tool to take away shadows, blemishes, face shine (aka oily skin), stray hair, and wrinkles. Basically, you can make yourself look like a supermodel...it's great! I'll show you some before and after pictures.
Before
After
Before
After
The other program I found was Scrapbook Flair and you can download it here. I made our family pictures into Christmas cards which I will post at a later date. You can also (obviously by the title) make scrapbook pages with it. Those have been my most recent obsessions projects. Now you know what I've been doing with my spare time while Kiera has been sleeping in 'til noon almost every day!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Pictures and Dreams
Posted by Elleah at 9:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I TOTALLY know what you mean, when I get a free minute I can SO easily spend it playing & editing pics!!
Funny Dream, see ya @ Jacki's!
I can't BELIEVE your daughter sleeps until noon! Unheard of! Lucky you! (Though I can't complain too much, as all 3 of my kids sleep a solid 12 hours at night with a good 3 hour nap every afternoon!)
I also recently discovered GIMP,last week. Unfortunantly I go a little crazy and I turn my 26 y.o husband into a 15 y.o boy,LOL. So I've laid off of it for a while,haha. But the program can do wonderful things.
I was also looking for a free Photoshop type of program,and then low and behold I found GIMP (for free!!).
YAY for the small wonders we find on web!
Post a Comment