CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Octopus and Blankets

Like my title? I like it when you have to read the post to understand it. I have the best piano students ever this year. One student in particular is hilarious. She played through a song and was struggling through it, so then she played it again. Afterwards, she said, "I'll play through the song perfectly one time and then the next time I play it I'm like an octopus." That mental image went flashing through my mind and cracked me up!



















I enjoy occasionally throwing things over Kiera to see how long it will take her to figure out how to get it off of her. As I was laughing about this picture, God spoke to me. He said that I'm like that sometimes when I wonder where God is in a situation when I can't see Him, but He's right there. Maybe sin is preventing me from seeing Him or maybe I'm focusing on the wrong thing and that's the "blanket on my head." God uses all sorts of things to get my attention. I'll end off with another quote from my new favorite book. "Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading."

5 comments:

Danae said...

it's funny throwing blankets on kids... Ben still doesn't get it though, He just lies still, like I turned out the lights or something :) Glad you are enjoying your piano students!

Anonymous said...

I love how you allow God to speak to you on a personal level and often through ordinary life happenings. I am so blessed to have girls who have a real and personal relationship with our Heavenly Father.

Crystal said...

kiera kinda looks like an octopus playing a piano.

Ian Elford said...

I thought the picture was supposed to be your mental image of the octopus! Did you teach piano last year? How many students do you have?

Allison Friesen said...

I often throw a blanket or a cloth over Carter's head. But apparently I've done it too often and he's a pro at removing the object. If it's a burp cloth it's off in one quick swipe. If it's a blanket it takes 2-3 grabs, but he's still very efficient!