CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Washington Adventure Day 2

Yesterday morning, Art's sister, Mary, came over and then we all went to the Semiahmoo Resort where Art works as a bell captain (bellman) for breakfast. It's quite a fancy and beautiful place right on the coast.
















In the restaurant























No little plastic jams here


















My meal: caramel apple french toast (SO delicious)


















There was beautiful furniture everywhere



































The entrance (Art is on the other side of the room behind the desk)


















I liked all the colors of the mugs in the gift shop


















Jenene handed Kiera a bag of Skittles to play with and of course she sucked on the bag and then the cashier told Jenene she had to purchase them and Jenene hadn't intended on doing that, so that was kind of funny! I managed to snag a picture of Art in his uniform.


















My favorite fall color


















I loved those huge wheat fern things (yes, that's the technical name)




































Kiera, me, Mary, and Jenene sitting by the beach and you can see White Rock, B.C. in the background
















Kiera's first time at the ocean and she was happy! She loves the ocean just like her mommy does.


















We weren't sure what these tree trunks were doing there, but I thought it looked cool


















In the afternoon, we went to Bellingham to shop for another "article of clothing" (see this post if you don't know what I'm talking about) at V's Secret (subtle, yes?). I found another one for $42, so I was VERY happy about that. In the evening, Art and Jenene had a bunch of their friends over and we played Cranium (girls against guys and the girls won) and then Apples to Apples. We were going to play Guitar Hero, but Kiera decided to go down for the night at 7:45 (yay!), so we couldn't play due to the loudness of that game. Kiera woke up twice in the night and only once for a bottle, which I had prepared in advance. She ended up sleeping on the air mattress with us from 4 a.m. onward since she wasn't happy in the playpen anymore, but this time we all slept fine until the morning! Praise Jesus and thanks to those of you who prayed! Now it's off to Bellingham again to look for cheap deals on clothes!

6 comments:

Jared said...

Daddy's little girl was at the ocean hey? Cute!!

Danae said...

beautiful hotel! i can't believe how close it is to Canada... must be a weird feeling for Jenene living in the U.S., but still able to see Canada. Glad Kiera slept better last night, hopefully every night gets better. (and I understand, went to a hotel a few weeks ago and Ben ended up in Bed with me both nights around 4:00ish)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a fantastic time visitin Art & Jenene! The photos are awesome and keep them coming!
God is truly amazing,all we need to do is go to Him and he makes everything happen,we just need to not worry about it :)
IHOP is truly a great place to ear,I LOVE their funnel cakes (I havent seen them there lately),WOW! is all I can say. And their prices are fantastic!!
I'm so happy for you that you were able to find what you were looking for ;) Looking for those sorts of things can be a struggle,but when you find them it's like JACKPOT!
Hope you continue to have a great time,and keep that camera charged up and full of battery life! :D
And let's hope that Kiera's sleeping habits just continue to improve,because sleep can make all the difference in your day.It can take a GREAT vacation to an exhausting one without a good nights rest!
Have a SUPER time out visiting!

Jen said...

sounds like you're having an awesome time, looking forward to seeing more pictures

Sheila said...

Awesome pictures Elleah!! Looks like you and Kiera are really enjoying yourself!

Allison said...

looks like a really nice place.