Even though I stayed home almost all week-end, except for Friday night, I had a pretty good week-end. Friday night, my friend, Melissa, and I went shopping in a nearby city while Jared stayed home with Kiera. Major accomplishment #1: I didn't miss Kiera! Normally, when I see other babies in the mall and I don't have Kiera with me, I start to think about her and miss her. Not this time. I was able to totally and fully enjoy my shopping experience and time with my friend. :) Good thing since leaving Kiera for 2 weeks when we go to Florida is comin' up soon! My goal was to find a sweater for cheap. I usually don't spend more than $15 on an article of clothing, which means I get most of my clothes in the States at Gordman's. I often don't spend more than $10 on a shirt for myself. We went to Wal-Mart and I hardly EVER shop there for clothes since most of them I generally don't like. We walked by a stand and I thought, "Oh that shirt is nice. I bet it won't fit me, though." I went and tried it on and it fit perfectly well and it was $9! Thank you Lord!
We looked around some more and didn't find anything else in my price range. We went to one last store just to look around since it's a new one called Costa Blanca that I had never been to. I've been wanting a nice, more dressy spring/fall coat for a while since I have an old jacket that makes me feel kind of frumpy. Nice coats are usually expensive, so I didn't think I would get one anytime soon especially with my maternity leave being over. We were just about to turn around and leave the store when I spotted a rack at the back of the store full of red, white, black, and gray coats. My first thought was, "Oh, those are really nice. I bet they're quite expensive." We walked over to the rack and I grabbed the price tag. Regularly $50 and they were on a final sale for $30!! We spent half an hour trying them on and giggling since Melissa was torn between the white coat and the red coat which both looked great on her. She finally settled on the red one and I got a matching gray one. We were PUMPED about our purchases!!
In other clothing news, I put a turtleneck shirt on Kiera on Saturday, but it has snaps at the bottom, so it's a onesie. Jared thought it should be called a "shirtzie" so he kept calling it that and even told our friends about the word he had come up with. He was quite proud of that. He makes me laugh. :)
Last night, Jared told me that when we were at the check-out in the grocery store on Saturday night, he saw the girl bagging groceries put her hand up to her head as if she was playing with her hair, then slowly turned her head to her armpit (trying to look all casual), and then took a quick sniff. Pit check...hilarious! Even though today is Monday and it's raining outside, I am still smiling about the week-end!
Monday, October 6, 2008
My Week-end
Posted by Elleah at 1:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend overall!
The jacket & shirt looks great. I'm hoping to get a(really) good deal on jackets when we head to Minneapolis next month,because I need to buy 2 winter jackets! (one dressy, one casual).
Nice jacket! And shirt! I love sweet deals. Thanks, Lord!
I'm glad you got to go out and totally enjoy your time with your friend and find sweet deals!!!
Post a Comment