Yesterday, Kiera woke up at 5 a.m. for a feeding and then went back to sleep. I, on the other hand, got back into bed and proceeded to think about all the things I had yet to pack that morning. I finally fell asleep again around 6:30 and then woke up for the day at 8 a.m. I packed about 60 diapers since I didn't want to run out.
While I was running around packing, I placed Kiera in the clean kitchen with the cupboard doors closed. Although Kiera isn't crawling yet, she scoots herself around (a bit) on her butt. A couple of minutes later, it looked like this:
She pulled out our shoebox that we keep stuff for recycling in and nicely scattered its contents everywhere. I was very nervous about the plane ride, but I had prayed for a miracle. Why was I surprised when God answered? Oh ye (me) of little faith! She was an angel basically the whole time! There were almost no problems with ears popping and when she got a tiny bit fussy during the descent, we gently blew warm air into her ears and she seemed to like that. She happily looked out the window during take-off and landing. She liked putting the window shutter up and down
The beautiful Rockies
Kiera even slept on the plane for half an hour until we started descending (they asked a lady to move so that we had an empty seat beside us...praise the Lord!)
We arrived at Art + Jenene's cute little house in Washington after 3 hours of flying and 1 hour of driving
We went to Bellingham (a half hour drive) to IHOP (LOVE that restaurant) for supper. I got a full plate of scrambled eggs and hashbrowns and then another plate with a cinnamon apple crepe all for $4.99! Maybe I'll actually gain some weight while I'm here. That would be quite the accomplishment for me! Then we went to Target to buy an air mattess, only to find out when we got back that the pump needed to charge for 12 hours before using, so then it was onto plan B: the hide-a-bed.
Uncle Art made a tower on Kiera's head
Since I left the dental floss at home for Jared, I used one of Art and Jenene's individual floss things that I've never used before.
Since it cut up some of my gums and I don't like to use the same section of floss more than once (one of my quirks), I'm going to buy my own regular floss today. The whole day was great until we got to the night. Kiera decided after 2 hours of sleeping (around midnight) that she didn't want to sleep in the playpen anymore and would cry every time we tried putting her back in there. So, she slept on the hide-a-bed between my mom and I. She was sprawled out as much as she possibly could, so I did not sleep much with her whacking me and her legs and elbows digging into my back. She also needed a couple of bottle feedings, so I was up throughout the night. Then when Art woke up at 6 a.m., she decided it was time to give a speech, so I listened to her happy chatter for a while and couldn't even be mad at her because she's just so cute! Please pray for a much better night tonight as she kept us all up for several hours. It's not going to feel like a vacation if I'm only getting an hour of sleep here and there. I'm very happy to be here and thankful that God brought us here safely. I look forward to sharing more pictures and stories with you!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Vancouver/Washington Adventure Day 1
Posted by Elleah at 4:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm looking forward to reading more about your vacation as well! :P
glad you made it out okay! there's an outlet mall near / in Bellingham isn't there? I think I've been there before... you should do some shopping there, it was great when I went, tonnes of good deals.
oh man! i had that happen with shiloh once. we took her to a hotel when she was just over 1 year old and she thought it was party time (because i was in the same room as her). we finally gave up on sleep at around 3 am and let her get up.....and ended up cutting our stay at the hotel short because we didn't feel like paying for a full nights stay WHEN WE WERENT GETTING ANY SHUT EYE!
but i know what you mean...THEY ARE CUTE...and shiloh was soooo funny that night although in the moment we sure weren't laughing. :)
I'll pray for sweet dreams and a relaxing time away.
Love all the pictures--the diapers in the suitcase (I always bring far too many too, but always have more room coming home!), the Rockies, Kiera sleeping on the plane... So glad the trip went well. Kiera will probably get used to the new place soon and sleep better.
Post a Comment