I quickly have to do our Christmas post before the New Year! Although Jared was sick for 2 1/2 gatherings, we still made it to all 8 gatherings this year! It was also a different kind of Christmas for us because God told us not to give gifts to anyone and to give money to World Vision instead. Our families were still generous in giving us gifts which we told them they didn't need to get us anything, but they did anyway. Kiera got a frog puppet which sings songs one note at a time when you move the mouth just like her puppy puppet, so she was quite thrilled about that!
She got a wooden puzzle and she figured out how to put one of the pieces back in!
Jared's dad built Kiera a little table with heart-backed chairs which I LOVE!
She was very interested in the baby in the mirror (ha ha)
Although this was Kiera's 2nd Christmas, she was still confused as to what to do with the presents
I got a bit carried away with the bread
Kiera got a cute little piggy bank with $20 of change in it
She also got a walker thing that turns into a little car, clothes, all-natural bug spray, shampoo, and body wash (I've been going all-natural with a lot of our cleaning products and my make-up products), clothes, a c.d., and a toy that makes "tropical" music all from my parents
Jared + I with our gifts...I got 4 c.d.'s, all-natural body lotion, socks, cranberry hand soap, + lip gloss from my parents
Kiera riding her "batmobile" (that's what we call it)
Looking back over the year, if I had to sum it up with a song, it would be "Great is Thy Faithfulness." It's been a very challenging year as Kiera has not always been an easy baby. God has answered many prayers concerning her and He has been working on our characters through the ups + downs. It's also been amazing to watch Kiera grow and learn new things. I'm in awe of God's faithfulness in every area of our lives.
"Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!"
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Our Christmas
Posted by Elleah at 11:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I LOVE that song!!!
I also love that table and chairs Kiera got--absolutely adorable!!! My kids got a wooden table and chairs last year and it's been put to many good uses!
Also just wanted to comment on the tree toy that plays "tropical" music: Seth got that toy for Christmas too--don't you think it sounds a bit like the old Nintendo music??? That's what it reminds me of!
And that riding/walk-along car; we have one that's similar, got it for Rachel long ago and it really helped her and Seth learn to walk (Rachel was a slow learner in that area too).
Glad you had a great Christmas in spite of sicknesses!
Hello! Please forgive my boldness, but I wanted to invite you to come over and be a part of my annual giveaway. There are no gimmicks. It's just my way of celebrating two years of blogging. I'm giving away a free caricature drawn by me. I'd be honored if you came over and signed up.
Hey Elleah - we have found out the gender, but amazingly, its easy for me to keep in. (I knew my last pregnancy too!) I feel a bit like May when it says "She treasured all these things in her heart" I feel like its my sweet sweet little secret. As for friends, they are willing to start bribing to know. On that note... I could probably make some good money off this... haha
God is faithful! Having kids sure gives us a little taste of His love for us, hey? :) By the way, that table and chairs set is so sweet!
I love that she's trying to touch the baby in the mirror, but she can't! And she's so smart, getting that puzzle piece in!
Post a Comment