CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Week-end Getaway

On Sunday morning, Jared's dad + stepmom came and picked up Kiera and Jared + I drove to Grand Forks to stay at the beautiful Canad Inns hotel in celebration of our 3rd anniversary which is next week! A little while after crossing the border, Jared got a text message from our friend saying that his mom passed away that morning and asked for prayer for the family. She had cancer and almost every night Jared + I prayed for her healing. As we were driving down the interstate, we were both wiping tears. Right before that, I had been upset with Jared about something and suddenly that didn't matter. I know that she is now fully healed as she is with Jesus and I don't know why God didn't heal her on this earth, but He is still in control. She was in her early 50's and has 3 grown children. Although it's incredibly sad, we decided not to dwell on it for very long and just prayed for the family whenever we thought about it. We arrived at the hotel and because of the coupons we had, they gave us a free upgrade to a suite! This was the living room:
View #1


















View #2


















View #3


















Bathroom #1


















Bedroom View #1


















View #2


















Fancy alarm clock/radio/c.d. player thing


















Ensuite bathroom


















It was wonderfully spacious and for an hour on Sunday night, we watched our own t.v. shows as I wanted to watch a wedding show in the bedroom and he wanted to watch a fighting movie in the living room. On Sunday, we did some shopping in the afternoon, relaxed at the hotel, went out for supper to Buffalo Wild Wings, enjoyed the waterpark for half an hour


















and then relaxed some more until we went to sleep. On Monday morning, we enjoyed a free breakfast at Aalto's and drinks were included, so I had a cherry, apple, and lemonade slushy drink (I enjoy mixing flavors) with my eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and toast! We checked out of our hotel at 11 a.m. and then went clothes shopping for Jared. He bought dress pants and a sweater and all I bought was a $10 black sweater the previous day. We ate "lunch" at Cold Stone Creamery where we shared "The Pie Who Loved Me" which was cheesecake ice cream, oreos, graham cracker pie crust, and fudge. It was amazing! We came home after that, Jared's dad dropped off Kiera, and we watched the finales of Amazing Race and So You Think You Can Dance Canada that we had taped on Sunday. It was such a wonderful time together! :)

8 comments:

Jacki said...

Sounds wonderful!

Danae said...

Sounds like a great time, Happy Anniversary!

Allison said...

That hotel looks really nice. Glad you guys had a great 3rd Anniversary!

Becky said...

Wow...what a treat!

Rhonda said...

Haha, I love that, when you've been married for a while, you're both perfectly happy each watching your own show in separate rooms for a while! Sounds like you had a good time altogether and I really REALLY want some of that cold stone ice-cream! Happy Anniversary!

Cherry Blossom said...

We do that too! If we have to TV's in the hotel we both watch our own thing. I am glad to know I am not the only one that does this!

Roo said...

happy anniversary!

i think your friends mom who died is related to a friend of ours from maranatha. that's really hard. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

The hotel looks awesome!!!
Getting good deals on hotel rooms is GREAT!!
So happy for the two of you being able to get away for the weekend :)