CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 1, 2008

My Purple Marshmallow

This is our little purple marshmallow this winter.























Just makes me want to squeeze her and squish her all day long! She's 13 months old now and still not crawling, standing, or walking. People keep asking me all the time, "So is she crawling or walking yet?" I try not to compare her to other kids, especially all the ones at church who are younger than her and crawling. I'm trying to be thankful that she's not able to get to the Christmas tree and pull ornaments off of it or get into all sorts of other trouble. She's wanting to stand more often these days and of course we have to hold her because her balance is terrible. I suppose that's a step in the right direction. One guy even asked me yesterday if everything was ok with her physically because she's not crawling and climbing over everything like his son was at 9 months old. She's fine! She's perfectly healthy and content to scoot around on her butt. She's talking more than some 13-month-olds, so at least she's not behind in every area. She says, "Hi Dad!" and although she's been saying "mama" for a long time, I think she's now saying it with the knowledge that that's who I am. I think it's great that she's starting to put words together. She might be like Jared's dad who didn't ever crawl and then at 16 months old just got up one day and started walking. I'm sure there will be days when I'll be chasing after her and thinking, "Why was it that I wanted her to start walking?" God has perfect timing for everything and He is never late!

6 comments:

Jen said...

love that picture, so adorable

Anonymous said...

Kiera is just sooo adorable in that photo!!
God has a time and place for everything, we just need to have patience. Just think how much more cuddle time you will get now with Kiera! Cuz when she finally learns to crawl/walk... you'll be missing the extra cuddle times :)

Jenene said...

You're right! She's so huggable and squishable in that snowsuit!

Jacki said...

LOVE the snowsuit!! You know, I just remembered something. I took Ellie to see the Chiro when she was around a year and he was shocked at how 'out' her shoulders were, as well as one knee. She was moving around about a week after that. But she reeeally wanted to move...it had just been too uncomfortable before the chiro. If Kiera is content and happy to stay in one place - WOOHOO!!! :) Plus, in kindergarten most everyone will be walking and NOBODY is going to care who did it first!

Roo said...

what a sweet photo!! and your right....NO WORRIES! it will all pan out in time. that's the time i really hate about parenting -- all the parents comparing each others kids. sometimes it makes me so crazy.

you're girl is right on track. like my mama always tells me, "throw out the books!" xoxo

Allison said...

oh yeah - kids just pick the way they like to get around best and she's a scooter!
SO cute in that little suit, though! I would have to squeeze her all the time, too! man i wish i could see ya'll in person, though!