CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 5, 2008

Apparently Money Doesn't Grow on Trees

It's been another quiet week at home, but I haven't been quite as bored as last week. Yesterday, I got paid for December piano lessons (yay!) which we were desperately needing as we had no money left for groceries. It's been interesting seeing how God has been stretching our money. We had $8 to last us for a week of groceries and we made it! We had enough ingredients for all the suppers we had and we just had to buy things like milk + bread. I try to only buy what we absolutely need and I often buy the no name brands because it's cheaper and still we almost run out of money every time. We've never gone hungry, though, so God is faithful. He provides exactly what we need! We've talked about me getting a part-time job outside of the home since piano teaching is barely enough, but we both feel that God is calling me to be at home with Kiera full-time, so He will continue to provide. Thankfully Jared has been given insane great budgeting skills and he has a detailed spreadsheet in Excel that we carefully follow. We bought "So You Think You Can Dance" tickets with extra money that we're getting in January, but we rarely ever prespend money like that. I know that God wants to stretch our faith by stretching us financially and it's not a very comfortable thing, but He knows what's best for us and if by living off less we grow spiritually, then it's worth it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We humans or at least north americans have a hard time really putting our trust in our Provider. I guess it's easier to do when we are "forced" to. I am proud of my kids and the things they are learning spiritually (warms a mother's heart). Love you guys

Jacki said...

Amen Elleah! And praise Jesus for insane...oops, I mean 'diligent', budgeting husbands! Way to go eating on $8!! That takes skill, too.

Jamie said...

You're not alone, Elleah! We are constantly being stretched in that area. But we've also decided it's worth it for me to stay home with our kids.

Rhonda said...

We seriously need someone like Jared to make a budget for us...please, can we borrow your husband? lol! It is amazing though, when you have no choice, how far the food in the house can go! I speaketh from experience!