I'm very happy to announce that at 13 1/2 months old, Kiera is now finally moving around the house! She is not crawling or walking; she is scooting! She's now been getting into everything! She started doing this on Friday and just in that one afternoon she found the cleaners, light bulbs, knives, electrical cords, and almost pulled a lamp down on top of herself, which I caught just in time. I may eventually get cupboard locks, but for now I've just rearranged the things in the cupboards so that they're safe for her to open and I've hidden cords and been watching her a lot more carefully. It's an answer to prayer because I was having bad pains in my lower stomach and right hip area for about a week and at first I had no idea why, but I soon realized it was from carrying Kiera around because she's getting so heavy and my body can't handle her weight as she is almost 1/4 of my weight. I still obviously have to carry her at times, but now she can move herself to wherever she wants to go in the house, instead of fussing and putting her arms up for me to pick her up all the time. I got a short video of her scooting and also saying, "Hi!" in her singsong voice, so here it is.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Kiera Is Now Mobile!
Posted by Elleah at 11:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
HOORAY!!!!!!
Congrats on Kiera finally become mobile!Thats very exciting for you all! Lets hope she quickly learns what cabinets she should not be playing in. :)
Woohoo for Kiera! I guess the next word she might be learning is 'No!', hey?
Yay!!! I'm happy she's moving herself around, but hoping she doesn't get herself into too much trouble. She seems happy with her new-found mobility.
That's adorable! I remember when my cousin was little, and she never crawled either, she just started scooting one day and from there started walking. Yay Keira!
So cute! Now comes the fun of training "no touch"!
Super Exciting! Way to go Kiera!
Post a Comment