CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 28, 2008

Why It Was Worth It To Get Up At 3:30 a.m.

Kiera has been sleeping through the night a bit more often in the past week and a half now, but still not as much as I would like. Recently, she woke up at around 3:30 a.m. and so I went and gave her a bottle of water mixed with apple juice (like usual). When she was done, I picked her up and started gently patting her back. This time, she put her arm around my neck and started patting my back! Made my heart melt into a pile of mush! I momentarily forgot my exhaustion and frustration of having to get out of bed in the middle of the night and I actually didn't want to put her back down. I can only hold 22 pounds of baby for so long though, so back into her crib she went and I went back to sleep with a smile in my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet is that. Love her and you.

Danae said...

I love those special moments in the middle of the night... our little babes sure know how to make us melt in a second!