Lately, Kiera has been driving me bananas at times. She has been very fussy, not taking long naps, fighting sleep almost every time I try putting her down, and not sleeping through the night all the time. The reason: 3 weeks ago she had 6 teeth and now she is getting her 11th tooth! 5 teeth in 3 weeks including 3 molars! Apparently it's not a comfortable process. I keep telling myself that it will be better when she is older, but I have been telling myself that for almost 13 months as Kiera has not been an easy baby. My pastor said something recently that has stuck with me: "If you aren't content now, you won't be in the future either." Paul says in Phil. 4:12 "...I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation..." and the key to that verse is the next verse: "I can do everything through Him (God) who gives me strength." I can't produce contentment from myself. I have tried and there is none to be had on those days when Kiera fusses and fusses and I'm exhausted. I need to go to God and allow Him to fill me up with His joy and abide in Him. That's so much easier said than done, but God has been teaching me and reminding me of that very often these days. I still wouldn't trade Kiera for anything. I know that "this too shall pass" (praise the Lord) and there will be different challenges in the future, but God is with me every step of the way. Silence may be golden for a little while, but having Kiera is way better!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
I think whoever came up with "Silence is golden" had at least one fussy child
Posted by Elleah at 8:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I always have to remind myself that in "x" amount of years I will miss this stage - even the noise factor. My days are not easy with Keegan either, and I am surprised I haven't pulled all my hair out yet. It will get easier. This is just a stage.
Good thing they're cute hey??!!
Ya I agree. It's a good thing GOD makes them SO cute. Better days are ahead.
I hear ya Elleah!! You're not alone! One verse that has been encouraging me is in 1 Peter: "Now for a little while you have been grieved by VARIOUS TRIALS so that the tested genuineness off your faith - more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire - may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ." (1:6-8) I don't know why, but the thought that the trials of motherhood is a tool to refine my faith just spurs me on to do it well - to seek Him harder in the exhausting moments and see what happens when my faith doesn't extinguish on those hard days, but instead increases. Now that I've said that, I'll probably have a doozy of a day tomorrow!! Keep on keeping on, Elleah! There's only 9 more teeth to go!! :)
See, now that I said that, Joshua just woke up an hour early from his nap. :) HA!
so true... I have to remind myself of this all the time... it IS God that is the source of my contentment, my hope, my future. Nothing else will satisfy.
p.s. nice family picture, adorable :D
That's exactly what I needed to hear right now! Thanks for the encouragement!
Post a Comment