Since the beginning of October, I have been saving up my spending money to buy a high quality hair straightener (or flat iron). I've had my $30 straightener for a few years now and it's not working anymore. It doesn't close all the way and when I do manage to get my hair kind of straight, it lasts for about 5 minutes. I did research on the internet to see which is one of the best straighteners on the market right now and I decided to get a Sedu Ionic Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron. Apparently it's used by some celebrities like Beyonce, Lisa Kudrow and Bon Jovi, which wasn't actually a big deal to me, but it got over 3000 5-star reviews which won me over. My friend, Jen, gave me a spray for my birthday that protects the hair from being damaged by the heat, plus this straightener is supposed to be better at protecting hair from damage than the others on the market. I ordered it online last Friday, so I'm hoping to have it by next week. I can hardly wait! It's $105 including taxes and free shipping (regularly $115) and it includes a $20 stand for free. :)
Last night, I was following the U.S. election which is weird because I normally dislike politics and I didn't even follow our own election. Maybe it's because I have a sister living there now. I have to admit that I wasn't extremely happy about the result, so all we can do now is pray for the new president, which we should be praying for the leaders of our countries anyway. God is still in control!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Politics and Straighteners
Posted by Elleah at 9:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
amen elleah! God is in control. He's faithful.
Yes, I wasn't too happy with the results either, but like someone said to me a little while ago, God can do His work no matter who is in power.
And about the flat iron--way to go! I have an expensive one too (just a little cheaper than yours) and it's fantastic! It's the second one I bought, as I lost the first one shortly after I bought it! But we found it again in our tent the next summer--go figure--after I'd obvioulsy already bought a new one. So now I have one expensive one just sitting around!
Post a Comment