CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Kiera's Birthday Parties

Kiera had 2 birthday parties last week which were a lot of fun! As I mentioned previously, her first party was a surprise one at Art + Jenene's the night before we left to come home. My camera battery died during the beginning of "Happy Birthday," so I caught the tail end of it.

Art bought a chocolate ice cream cake and Kiera seemed the most interested in dipping her finger in the whipped cream, so she was being way neater than she usually is the one time we wanted her to be messy! She did manage to get some cake on her face after a little while.


















This is the present that Art + Jenene bought her (the book "Corduroy" and the teddy bear that goes with it).


















Birthday party #2 was on Friday, Oct. 31 and we had our families and some of my aunts, uncles, and cousins join us to celebrate.

This is the alphabet block cake that my mom made (I don't do this kind of thing!)


















The balloons which Kiera was very interested in


















Going to town on the cake

Mmmm....blue icing


















Kiera and her presents


















October was a crazy busy and very fun month! Thanks so much for all the birthday wishes for the 3 of us and for putting up with my l-o-n-g Washington posts...I just didn't know which pictures to leave out, so I didn't leave out very many! Hopefully it was enjoyable to read and that you weren't sleeping by the end. :) Speaking of sleep, I'm going to go do that now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Elleah! Long time no see/chat. I was amazed to discover that Kiera is already one. Makes me feel old! How's things? Settling into motherhood well?

Jenene said...

Yay! She did a much better job of that cake than her first one. Maybe she caught on after the first time. Oh, and was her poop blue? I've read many-a-time that blue icing has quite the effect on a baby's diaper.

Jamie said...

Glad it was all fun! Looks like she got some cute gifts. It's so fun watching them eat cake on their first birthday!

By the way, your Washington posts weren't boring, I quite enjoyed hearing and viewing it all!