CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Grandma's 80th Birthday

On Sunday, we had a huge birthday party to celebrate my Grandma's 80th birthday! 80 years...what a blessing! I accidentally left my camera in the car and didn't feel like running out in the cold to get it, so I don't have any pictures of it. There were over 100 people there and at least over 200 cupcakes. A lot of us "kids" were asked to bring 2 dozen cupcakes and of course there were MANY leftover because they had other squares and food there as well. Jared and I are having some couples over for dessert this week to help us eat them! One of the highlights for me was when my Grandpa went up on stage and sung a song to my Grandma that included him yodeling! He did such a great job. It's so awesome to see them still so much in love after almost 60 years of marriage. My other grandma is turning 90 next year, so I've been incredibly blessed with healthy grandparents who have lived long lives (my other grandpa died at age 80) and who are prayer warriors. I know I've benefited from that in more ways than I will ever know! I'm so thankful for that heritage and I pray that by God's grace we will pass that on to our children and their children. Happy 80th Grandma; I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 80 & 90 years, and then 60 years of marriage,those are often numbers many people don't get to see!
Who knows maybe your grandparents will get to the age of 102 like my great-grandma did!
Sounds like you had a blast! I can sorta make out mental images of 200 cupcakes....now that makes me hungry.......

Rhonda said...

My grandpa used to yodel. He's passed away now, but apparently back in the day when he was coming home from the fields, if he was yodeling, which you could hear from far off, then you knew he was in a good mood. I mainly only remember his singing, which thankfully we have on tape.