CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Soup Du Jour

I’ve always thought that one of my aunts makes the best chicken noodle soup, but I must say, this recipe rivals it!  I absolutely love it!

Chicken Noodle Soup

1 tbsp. butter

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup chopped celery

3 cups chicken broth

2 cups vegetable broth

1 chicken breast, cooked + chopped

1 1/2 cups noodles

1 cup sliced carrots

1/2 tsp. basil

1/2 tsp. oregano

Salt + pepper to taste

Heat butter in pot over medium heat.  Cook onion + celery in butter.  Add rest of ingredients + bring to a boil.  Reduce heat + simmer for 20 minutes before serving.

Some people don’t like vegetables in their chicken noodle soup, so you could leave them out if you’re one of those.  This is a very tasty, hearty soup and makes my tummy feel good!

Chick. noodle soup

0 comments: