CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 7, 2011

An Answer to an Unusual Prayer

For the past I don't even know how long, at least a month or maybe 2, I've been getting up every night to go to the bathroom. Blake finally started sleeping consistently through the night after New Year's, but then I was up anyway. My bladder doesn't hold liquid nearly as long during pregnancy, so I was getting a bit frustrated and tired of being up night after night, no matter how much or little I had to drink in the evening. I finally decided I would pray about it. I felt a bit silly asking God to make my bladder hold out until the morning, but that's what I prayed because I knew He could do that. That was a week ago and with the exception of last night (Blake started crying), I have slept through the night every night and have not had to go to the bathroom until the morning! I am SO thankful and in awe that He cares about things like that! He makes me smile. :)

4 comments:

Mom said...

Well maybe I should pray about that as well. I have a similar problem, only mine is not pregnancy related!

Sheila said...

You know, I love the fact that God cares about the "little" things, 'cause they too can make such a huge difference! Praise God for sleepful nights!

Kat said...

Thanks for the encouragement you left me! :) And I'm glad God has answered your prayer...He is a good God and delights in giving us blessings!

Allison said...

That's so awesome! I hardly think to pray about "the small things." Good idea. So glad your getting good rest. I too have a super small bladder. It's awful when pregnant. Bless you and your wee one inside ya!!