Someone asked me yesterday about my digestion problems, so I figured I should give an update. After following my naturopath’s advice of sticking with the diet and then cheating one food at a time, after about 5 weeks, I came up with a list of the foods that bother me:
-Corn
-Tomatoes + tomato sauce
-Chips
-Kraft Dinner
-Hot dogs
-Plain milk – if it’s cooked or baked into something, it doesn’t seem to be a problem
-DQ blizzards – my naturopath said that is very common and that if people are going to have a problem with a certain kind of ice cream, it’s extremely often DQ because they use ice milk
-Tater tot casserole
-Oranges/orange juice
-Canned soups
-Chinese food
I still often cook different meals for myself than my family because I often use either canned soups or tomato pasta sauce in their meals. One thing I can eat without a problem that has some tomato in it is pizza, which I’m SO thankful for! It’s also a huge blessing to not be intolerant to gluten or cheese and I can have other kinds of ice cream! The naturopath said I don’t have to go back to see her unless things get worse again. When I was there for my last appt. she said, “The last time you were here, you were running to the bathroom at least 3 times a day, had a lot of stomach pain, gas, and weren’t able to eat a full meal.” I said, “Wow! I had forgotten how bad it was!” I don’t have any of that now, praise Jesus! He has blessed me beyond measure!
2 comments:
Glad things have become easier. You're becoming such an educated cook. Which has many perks! Praying you may find continued strength to avoid the things you need to and may may you find many meals that work for the whole family and that they love! Have a good rest of the week :)
Post a Comment