At about 10 weeks pregnant, I decided to start working out again. I was going to do Tae Bo, but for some reason, our laptop wouldn't play the disc. I wanted to work out in the morning before the kids were awake, so using the t.v. wasn't an option since Kiera's room is close to it and that would wake her up. So, I started looking online and I found Prenatal Pilates on YouTube! The great thing about it is that it's broken up into 5 10-minute segments focusing on different parts of the body:
1. Standing Pilates (uses small hand weights and works on balance + coordination)
2. Core Pilates (works on abs and you lie on 1 pillow, 2 pillows, or 3, depending which trimester you're in)
3. Pilates for Buns + Thighs
4. Total Body Pilates (uses small hand weights and works on strength + flexibility)
5. Pilates for Flexibility (my favorite one - lots of stretching, working on breathing + relaxing)
I normally only do one or two 10-minute segments, depending on how much time I have before Blake wakes up or how I feel. I also don't do it every day because sometimes I don't wake up before Blake does. I'm really enjoying it and the lady instructing it was 36 weeks pregnant at the time and of course looks amazing! I'm thankful I found a free pregnancy work-out broken up into smaller time frames!
Since January, I decided to move to a different book of the Bible for memorizing. Ann from A Holy Experience (blog) said a group of them are going to memorize the book of Colossians (4 chapters) by the end of the year. I decided I would join them, except my goal is to memorize it before the baby comes in mid-August. I am finding it WAY more challenging to memorize than the Psalms I was memorizing before! Psalms are written like poems and generally have shorter verses that make memorizing more simple. It took me almost 2 months to memorize Colossians 1 (26 verses). I'm also finding that I have to work harder mentally now that I'm pregnant. I seriously get pregnancy brain and become more forgetful. So, it's definitely a challenge and at the most, I memorize one verse a day and if I don't, I try to memorize at least half a verse a day. I heard a sermon recently about Christians in Asia who go to Bible School and it's normal to memorize half a chapter a day! That makes my half a verse look like peanuts, but it's still good and helpful and I will keep plugging away at it! I'm getting "soul food," so that's what's important! Well worth the few minutes a day that it takes! That's my exercise regimen right now and I plan to keep it up for as long as possible (although I will switch to a non-prenatal work-out after the baby is born)!
Friday, March 4, 2011
Exercise for the Body, Mind, + Soul
Posted by Elleah at 9:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Good for you Elleah!!
Post a Comment