CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Auntie Elleah For the First Time

This is my 400th post and what wonderful news I have to share! Most of you already heard on Facebook, but Jared + I became uncle + aunt for the first time today at 2:30 a.m. our time, or 12:30 a.m. my sister's time!! Sophia Grace was born at 12:30 a.m. their time (2:30 a.m. our time) and weighed 6 lbs. 11 oz. and is 19 inches long. She arrived 10 days early and is healthy! I was on the phone with Jenene last night 3 hours before Sophia was born while my sister was in labor. The contractions were about 5 minutes apart while we were talking and not too intense yet. I am so thrilled for them! I am also a bit sad that I can't see the baby in person for quite a while. The soonest I might get to meet her is if they come for a visit in August, after our baby is born, and if not, then at Christmas. She was born at a birthing center in the water. My Mom is flying out in a couple of days to meet her and help them. I'm trying not be jealous! I went and bought some super cute girly clothes today for Sophia which I will send along with my Mom! Jared took the day off today and we all went to the chiropractor and then to the mall as Jared wanted to buy a blu-ray player and I bought the baby clothes. We went out for a late lunch after that and got home around 3:30 this afternoon. It was fun having a family day! :) Praise the Lord for a beautiful new family member, our kids' very first cousin!!!!

6 comments:

Kat said...

It's so exciting, isn't it? I hope they come see you in August!

Mom said...

I'll try my best to make sure they come in August! It's not fair to the rest of the family to have to wait till Christmas to meet Sophia. At least those are my sentiments!

Danae said...

Congrats!! Wow, what a surprise to be so early for her first!... I actually had just checked her blog yesterday as I was thinking about her, that must have been why God put her on my mind!

Allison Friesen said...

Congratulations again Auntie! It was great to see you guys today!

Jenene said...

Thanks Elleah! I wish you could see her in person now too!

Amanda said...

oh i didn't see yet on facebook!! that's so exciting!!! i'm going to see if i can find some photos!! you better post some soon here!