I'm back from my sort of week-long internet break. I didn't take a break for the whole week since I did go on Facebook twice and read some blogs one evening, but I tried to stay away from it as much as possible. On Friday afternoon, one of the most exciting events I've ever witnessed took place! Kiera + Blake were playing on her bed and suddenly Kiera said,
"He came to take away my sins." I've been telling her that Jesus comes and takes away our sins when we ask him into our hearts and she knows that sins are "bad things we do like not listening to Mommy + Daddy and being gentle with Blake." So I asked Kiera,
"Who came to take away your sins?"
She answered, "Jesus!"
I said, "That's right, when you ask him into your heart, he takes away your sins."
Then she said, "Jesus, I ask you to come into my heart."
After picking my jaw up from the floor, I said, "And to take away my sins."
She repeated me and then said, "Amen."
WOW! WOW! WOW! She just made the best and most important decision of her life! I've been praying for salvation for both of my kids since I found out I was pregnant with them, so almost 4 years of prayers were answered in about 10 seconds! After that, we went upstairs and Kiera started singing which I believe was a song from the Lord. She started singing, "Praise Jesus higher, praise Jesus higher..." over and over again. She lifted up her hands, so I joined her and we sang and danced in the kitchen. I totally felt the Holy Spirit and it was so incredibly amazing, I felt like my heart would burst with joy! Later on, when I was by myself, I cried and cried tears of joy. I was such a bad example of a Christian last week as I was irritable and short-tempered with Kiera and had to apologize to her every day for snapping at her when she did something wrong. Obviously, God doesn't need me to be a perfect example in order to save someone. His grace was so evident to me, I was overwhelmed.
Some people may think, "Kiera just turned 3. She didn't know what she was doing." To that I say, her faith may be very simple + basic right now, but she knows that she does bad things and needs Jesus to take them away. Yes, she has many, many more things to learn and understand, but that doesn't make her decision any less valid. I praise God for His goodness and for answering simple prayers and many prayers! Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Monday, December 6, 2010
Life-Changing Decision
Posted by Elleah at 8:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
what an amazing moment! Yay Jesus!
Prais the Lord:) That's wonderful!!!
Hallelujah! Jesus has received her simple faith. We as adults tend to complicate things. I'm so thankful that Kiera and Blake have godly parents!
That's the verse I got on the Sunday I shared. I feel the same way with Azelin. She's only 4. But she understands enough that Jesus loves her, she loves Jesus, that she has sins and needs His forgiveness. And that He can help her become a better person. She really connects through worship music. 2 little girlies just written in the lambs book of life!! Wahooooo!! Allison Harder
That's great Elleah! I got shivers when I read this, so amazing!
Post a Comment