CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

12 Days of Christmas

Jared + I have been doing an Advent reading from the Bible every night this month to keep our focus on Jesus and the real meaning of Christmas. After the reading, there's a reflection part and a suggestion of something to try. The suggestion last night was to write our own version of the "12 Days of Christmas" song and write down what Jesus, our true love, has given us. Yesterday was also exactly 12 days until Christmas. I wrote out all 12 verses in my journal, but I will just share the last one with you. There are many other gifts I could have included, but these are the ones that came to my mind.

"On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
All that I need
His faithfulness
A family
His healing
Abounding grace
His perfect joy
His holy Word
For - give - ness
Hope for the future
Unending love
His righteousness
and everlasting life!"

That's much more exciting than a partridge in a pear tree! I want to focus on the gifts that truly matter this Christmas and the greatest gift of all, Jesus.

1 comments:

Mom said...

That is an awesome list of what your True Love gave to you and I know that is just a small part of the many blessings we receive! You're right...so much better than a partridge in a pear tree!! Love, Mom