This past week-end, I immensely enjoyed Christmas family gatherings, one on Saturday and one yesterday. On Saturday, it was my Mom's side. We had a time of sharing prayer requests and things we are thankful for. I said, "I'm thankful that Kiera asked Jesus into her heart 2 weeks ago!" My Mom asked me to share the story, so I did, and as per usual, I got emotional sharing it. After I told the story, my Dad asked my cousin for his acoustic guitar and Kiera asked him to play "Jesus Loves Me." Kiera sung it several times times and danced in the middle of the circle while I just sat there and cried and cried, along with a few of my relatives. I was just so overwhelmed by God's love and that He has saved Kiera. Seeing her become "born again" rivaled in excitement with seeing her being born for the first time. Watching her sing + dance with abandonment, not caring what anyone else thought, just spoke to me deeply about having faith like a child. It's a song I've sung hundreds of times and a message I've heard possibly thousands of times, but the fact that Jesus loves me when I've done nothing to deserve it just moved me to tears in combination with everything else. I'm just so thankful that after 24 years of walking with Jesus, that message doesn't get old and I still need to be reminded of it. It was one of those times that I just want to ponder in my heart and not forget about. What a precious gift!
Monday, December 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's so great!!
Seeing Kiera sing that song with abandonment moved quite a few of us to tears! That was one of those special moments that you don't want to forget. Love you all!
How awesome!!
Post a Comment