This past Sunday, in church, we prayed for all the sick people. Kiera was sitting with someone else. Her and that person knelt down to pray. Kiera just knelt quietly and listened to the other person pray. Once that person was done praying, Kiera took her finger and specifically placed it on their heart. They said to Kiera, “You hear Him, don’t you?” Kiera said, “Yes.” I found out a couple of days later that on Sunday night, they slept without heartburn for the first time in a very long time! WOW! I know that wasn’t just a random thing. I know my daughter and she doesn’t do things like that normally. I am blown away the way God is already using Kiera in the lives of those around her!
Yesterday, she prayed for my stomach to feel better (my digestion issues) and then right away asked, “Mommy, are you feeling all better?” Oh to have her faith that just expects God to answer! As an adult, I know it’s often not instant and in some cases, not the way we would want at all, but I so often pray with doubts and Kiera is reminding me to just trust God to do something! It’s definitely an ongoing theme for me right now: faith like a child. A lot of the time, I think I’m teaching Kiera so much, but lately, she has been teaching me without even knowing it.
I wish you all a wonderful, joyful Christmas as you celebrate Jesus’ birth and all that he has done for us! Luke 2:10-11 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.” I pray you experience GREAT JOY this Christmas! :D
1 comments:
Elleah, I can relate to you saying you think you are teaching her so much and lately she's been teaching you...awesome! I feel that way sometimes too...my children teach me or remind me of truths that I need to live by! Many Christmas blessings to you and yours!
Post a Comment