CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 26, 2010

From Bad to Good

What do you do when you're feeling under the weather and your husband has a high fever and is puking his guts out and your daughter poops in the middle of supper on her chair (and she isn't wearing any pants or underwear because she didn't want to), you're left with a big pile of poop to clean up, and while you're running to the bathroom with her, you get poop all over your favorite jeans?

A. Cry
B. Scream
C. Ask God, "Why did I have children?"
D. Praise God because there are so many more worse situations that you could be dealing with.

Answer: I did C + D. Although I managed to not cry + scream on the outside, I sure was on the inside. I'm ashamed to admit that I did ask God why I had children. Once everything was cleaned up and we were back at the supper table, I thanked God for the many blessings He has given me, including my children. I thank God that He uses them to work on my character and develop a servant-heart, which is hard, but the end result is worth it! I'm thankful that I managed to finish my supper in spite of all the poop and that the kids + I had a peaceful, happy rest of the evening! That is the grace of God!

4 comments:

Jacki said...

Oh you poor thing! But YAHOO for the grace of God!

Don't tell anyone, but I was listening to John Piper the other day (I'm turning as nerdy as my hubby) and he said something that really struck me. He said that we often say, "God will work it out for the good" when something bad happens...as though we have a weak God who is not in control, but can pick up the pieces of our hard situations and somehow manage to make it into something good. That's not the truth! What the Scripture really means is "God MEANS it for good", in other words...God KNEW this would happen and INTENDS it to produce good fruit in our lives because he loves us. That really challenges how I view things like poop on chairs...or in my case, the challenges of having a baby who has just learned to pluck his soother out of his mouth - for fun - in the middle of the night...for an hour and a half at a time. :) He intends it to bring me closer to Him. I am so glad to be on the journey with you! I pray Jared gets better really really quick, in Jesus name!

Jaclyn said...

AMEN Jacki!

I too hear you about the poop thing. Boy do i ever. However, it's funny how you can be up to your ears in the poop of life, but God always meets us there. What a wonderful testimony of us needing the Lord Elleah. and then you had a peaceful evening. Praise the Lord! Because he ALWAYS does wonderful things:) Thanks for sharing Elleah. It has given me a lot to think about!!!

Mom said...

I won't get into the philosophy of how exactly God works. I know He is a good God and wants the best for us. Anyway, that was quite the day, hopefully not to be repeated again! I'm glad that in the end things went okay. I pray Kiera will get this whole pooping on the toilet thing figured sooner rather than later!

Allison said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony on God's grace. I'm thinking a lot right now. I believe you sharing will change others lives for God's glory. Be blessed :).