CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Wedding

Last week Saturday, the activities started at 10:00 at the hairdresser’s.  This is the bride, Amanda, getting her hair done.

IMG_6252

This is the back of my hair.  They didn’t have any sparkly clips, so one of the girls went to the dollar store and they bought 3 broaches which they pinned into my hair (which you can’t really see).  I never would have thought of that and it totally worked!

IMG_6291 

Here is the flower girl with her brother

IMG_6256

IMG_6264

You can’t tell in the pictures, but Blake was WAY overtired.  It’s like the kids knew there was something going on before the wedding.  Kiera was misbehaving a lot and Blake refused to nap in the afternoon before the wedding.  I found it quite stressful getting ready for the wedding.  Getting Blake to look at the camera during family pictures was interesting. We had the groomsmen stand behind the camera and make faces, jump, and shout his name. It certainly made the rest of us smile! We took outdoor pictures and although it was gorgeous weather for November, in that dress without a jacket I was quite cold. Oh well, I'm sure the pictures will look great! The wedding went very smoothly, which is amazing considering that a lot of the planning happened last minute.  I enjoyed it!

TJ + Amanda

IMG_6269

IMG_6280

Amanda danced to "Butterfly Kisses" with her dad and during that time, I conveniently went to the bathroom. I can't listen to that song without thinking about Kiera and starting to cry. I don't even want to picture her walking down the aisle as a bride instead of a flower girl.

Here are my Mom-in-law and my sister-in-law dancing (Mom was the maid of honor and photographer and my sister-in-law was also a bridesmaid)

IMG_6274

Me + my sweetheart

IMG_6276

Me + Jacki, a close friend who was also a bridesmaid

IMG_6285

One of the best parts for me was when Kiera walked down the aisle, or should I say bolted.  She made the whole church laugh and Jared got it on video!  The lighting isn’t great, but you get the idea.  Jared + I both said we’ve never seen a flower girl do that before.  Only Kiera!


3 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks like a great time! Everyone looks so beautiful/handsome. The video of Kiera was great..it made me laugh.

Mom said...

The little bit I saw of the wedding was beautiful. That certainly was a funny moment when Kiera decided to run down the aisle to her Poppy who was trying to get a decent picture of her!

Jenene said...

I think I already said this, but Blake is so handsome in his suit! And Kiera looked beautiful too, as always.

Mom told me that Kiera did something funny at the wedding, but didn't say what! That's hilarious!