On Sunday, my parents kept Kiera overnight and then all day on Monday. On Monday, Jared figured we should get out and do something that we wouldn't normally do because of Kiera's afternoon nap times. We called up Jared's step-brother and his wife and the 4 of us headed to the lake. We met up with another couple there and relaxed on the beach. Then we went and played mini-golf which I love! After that, we went and ate outside at a restaurant and there were almost no mosquitoes which was amazing! We came back and picked up blizzards at Dairy Queen and ate them at our house. Jared and I shared the new Oreo Cookie Jar blizzard (it's a combo of oreo and cookie dough). SO good! Jared's step-brother + his wife totally blessed us by paying for our meals and ice cream, so we gave them $20 for gas! It was great to just get out kid-free and do something really fun! The weather was +27 outside (about 84 fahrenheit) and sunny...perfect! By the end of the day, we were ready to see Kiera again and it was good to have her back home. :)
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Its so weird going out with no kid hey? (Technically you still had one along! lol) But it's such a nessesity, cause every mom needs that refreshing break every now and then!
Sounds like you had a great time!
I'm glad we could give you a day off from Kiera. I'm also glad I could spend the day with her! What a sweetheart!
Post a Comment