CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Exactly 2 More Months 'Til My Due Date

Yesterday, my cousin, Marshall, got married (yes, on a Tuesday evening). It was a great wedding and one of the highlights for me was the food. They had eggs benedict (which I'm not a fan of), hashbrowns, breakfast sausage, bacon, waffles and you could choose to have apple sauce, strawberry sauce, and/or syrup on them, and fruit with yogurt dip. Amazing! I LOVE having breakfast for supper, especially that kind of breakfast! I thought that was a really cool idea!

This morning, I had my first appointment with my OB (instead of my family doctor). It turned out that she was on call this morning and delivered 2 babies, plus did some other small procedure, so Jared + I waited for almost 3 hours before we saw her! That totally tried our patience to the max. Jared's Dad + Step-mom had taken Kiera for the night yesterday until today, so thankfully she wasn't with us because she wouldn't have lasted. We were almost ready to leave after 2 1/2 hours of waiting because Jared had other things he needed to get done today. I got the OB that I requested since she came highly recommended to me and I wasn't disappointed. She's REALLY nice, but she's a further drive than my family doctor, so I will continue to see my family doctor until 38 weeks and then I'll see her again. The doctors at the hospital rotate, so it's not guaranteed that she'll be the one delivering my baby, but that's not a huge deal to me since I'm going to have a doula this time helping me through most of it.

Yesterday, Kiera was reading a book that has all sorts of different kinds of animals in it and she was on the bird page, which had about 10 birds on it, and she pointed to one and said, "Emu! Emu!" I looked and sure enough, it was an emu! I was SHOCKED! I barely know what an emu looks like, but apparently she does. Neither Jared or I purposely taught her that, although we've read the book to her a couple of times. It's amazing the things she picks up! Then she pointed to another bird and said, "Hawk!" Yep, it was a hawk. She blows me away!

Here's a video of her doing her silly spinning thing. She looks to the left, but turns to the right, which makes it look like she's "short a few marbles." SO funny!

5 comments:

Mom said...

Oh what joy she brings to those who know her! She's real smart to boot. Look forward to spending time with her real soon. Love Nana.

Jenene said...

Wow!! That is really smart. I'm pretty sure I didn't know what an emu was until grade school. And mom told me about her spinning. What a cute funny video!

Jen said...

She's so cute Elleah!!! Very entertaining too.

Allison Friesen said...

Where are you delivering? Who is your ob?

Danae said...

Can't believe it's that close to your due date already! Hope these last two months go smoothly for you. I love the idea of a weekday weeding and breakfast for dinner! Unconventional weddings are so fun!