CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 18, 2009

Another Surprise In Our Week

Yesterday, Jared went and picked up our new diaper pail that we ordered from the States on Amazon for $35! I did my research and after seeing all the high ratings it got, plus after using my friend Allison's, I decided to go with the Diaper Champ.

















I'm REALLY happy with it and the best part is that it's odorless until you take out the bag of dirty diapers! If you're curious how it works, you can click here. The things that get you excited when you're a parent!

The reason we bought a different diaper pail was because our's sucks and the utility room was smelling like poop all the time. Yesterday, the city was cleaning out the sewer system, so we had to plug all our sinks, bathtub, keep the toilet lids down, and cover the shower and floor drain. When Jared went and looked in the floor drain, he saw sewage in there. There's not supposed to be sewage coming up the floor drain! That's why the room was smelling like poop! Thankfully, it hadn't come all the way up onto our floor yet, so we quickly called the plumber at 9:00 last night and he said, "I'll be there tomorrow afternoon. Use as little water as possible until then." So, I couldn't shower yesterday and I couldn't shower today until after the problem was fixed. I was praying the bill would be under $200 and the bill was $168, so that was an answer to prayer. Oh, and the problem had nothing to do with the city working on the sewer system. The plumber thinks the problem has been going on for quite a while and we just didn't notice until now. There was a really bad blockage about 60 feet from our house which is now gone. I'm really hoping for a good week-end after the week we've had with no more unexpected bills for a while!

3 comments:

Allison Friesen said...

Ooh.. that one's a little different style than the one I have. Let me know how it works!

Mom said...

Who knew that there were such fancy gadgets for dirty diapers?! Well I sure hope all your "poopy" problems have now been solved! Have a great weekend. Love Mom.

Roo said...

yahooo for diaper pails!!!!!! i understand your excitement about this. hahaha. :)