CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 14, 2009

God Is Good All the Time

Yesterday, we had an amazing church service! There were 11 people scheduled to be baptized and at the end, our pastor said if there were any other Christians who hadn't been baptized that they should come up and get baptized. He said if the Holy Spirit is speaking to you right now, don't delay obeying Him. 2 more people went up and got baptized, so that was 13 people in total! Praise the Lord! There was SO much joy and I just felt God's presence so strongly! Kiera was quite interested in it all and alternated between saying, "Pretty water!" and "See a water?" She was talking about it again today and then she said, "Bath!" I can see how she might think the baptismal tank is a bath, ha ha! It was just so awesome to see the Holy Spirit moving in people!

Today, we got more discouraging news about our car. About a month ago, we found out that our car needs a new ECM, which is the engine computer that controls the temperature intake. It cost us $180 just for them to figure out what was wrong. Brand new, it would be over $1000 plus labor, but we're hoping to maybe find it used at a wrecker and then it might be more like $300 plus labor. Right now, it's not an emergency and it's not affecting the way the car drives, so we're just leaving it. We don't have the money to fix it. We put money off every paycheck for car repairs and recently our car needed new tires, so we used almost all of it for that. So today, we brought our car in for an oil change and our car has been making a funny noise that's been slowly getting louder and we found out that our alternator is pretty much shot! So, with the oil change, alternator, and labor, it was $439, which included a 20% staff discount on the alternator since I work there. Jared has been totally trying to see the positive side of it and said, "For $439 we even got our car washed!" I was like, "Ummm....ya." He was also really thankful for the discount, which I am too, but I've been way too consumed with the question, "Where is the money going to come from?" God always provides and I have no clue what He's going to do in this situation, but I trust that He will continue to be faithful. It's so hard to leave it in His hands when the numbers aren't adding up, but He created the whole universe, so nothing is too hard for Him! We've been blessed with only one car repair in the past 2 years, so we really have nothing to complain about. God is still good all the time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great service! Azelin thought the baptisms were people going swimming and kept demonstrating how they went back into the water. Cute how kids try to make sense of things. Too bad about your car. Pray for you! Allison :)

Mom said...

It sure is cute how kids associate things to something they already know...like Kiera calling the baptismal tank a bath. I pray that the God of all provision will provide for you at this time. Like you said...He's always provided for you before. Time to put that faith and trust into action yet again! Love and prayers, Mom.