CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 4, 2009

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow

Lately, we've been wondering what we're going to do financially for the summer if I don't have any piano students. We figured we could scrape by for several months if we absolutely had to until the baby arrives and my child tax benefit goes up and all that. Well, last week, I got a call from the place I was working at before I had Kiera asking me if I would like to come back part-time for the summer. Their part-time receptionist is quitting in June and they need someone to work 9-hour shifts just on Saturdays and just for the summer since they have someone else who will be starting there in the fall. I was like, "Since when does that happen? People don't just call you + offer you a job that you didn't even apply for!" Total provision from God!! I'm not very thrilled about working every Saturday this summer, but it's just for a season and it's a huge blessing! We're excited...God ALWAYS provides!!

On a different note, we've had a strange thing happening lately. We've had a robin pecking at our basement windows. We just got new windows a while ago, plus it would start pecking at 6 a.m. almost every morning (which would wake me up + I'm not a morning person) and it would continue throughout the day, so it was driving me nuts! Jared wanted to shoot it with a pellet gun, but it's illegal to shoot robins, so instead, I went and put stuff in front of the windows to block it. This bird kept finding ways around my barricades, so then we talked to Jared's parents about it and his step-mom told us why this robin is doing that. She said it's mating season + robins are very aggressive + territorial. This robin is seeing its reflection in the window and thinking that it's another bird, so it's going after it and doesn't quit because it's not "getting the other bird." She suggested taping a piece of paper on the inside of the window, so I did that and it solved the problem! The same bird was doing the same thing to our next door neighbor, so Jared told her this and she just simply shut her blinds. We don't have blinds in the basement, so the paper is working for now! It seemed like a really stupid little problem, but again, God provided a solution!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Great answer to prayer--you must have been a great employee for them to call you back!

Jen & Andy Plett said...

Oh the joys of animals!
Be thankful that its only birds pestering you (mind you at 6am, thats gotta be pretty hard to deal with).
My parents have to deal with deer during mating season...the bucks dig up their front lawn and pee everywhere, and thats just the beginning....haha

Jen said...

Congrats on the job. God certainly provides well for us. Glad you were able to take care of that robin situation

Mom said...

I guess once Kiera moves down in the basement, either that robin finds a real bird and or you will have blinds
over the basement windows!

Becky said...

Hey Elleah! You are the winner of the book that I was giving away on my blog...how can I get it to you? I am in Steinbach often, so I could drop it off. Or I could give it to your mom! you can send me an email at beckyjanemills@gmail.com :)