I forgot to blog about my Mother's Day week-end...it was really good! Friday night, Jared picked up pizza for supper and then stayed home with Kiera (he wasn't feeling well) and I went out to a friend's house for games night! I LOVE playing games, plus there was cheesecake there (which they sent half of it home with me since everyone else is either watching their weight or didn't want it), so it was wonderful! On Saturday, Jared stayed home with Kiera again while I went to a friend's house for an Epicure Party. I ordered the Lemon Dilly Dip which is so yummy! In the evening, my parents came over and Jared bbq'd burgers for all of us which was great! Sunday, Jared's Mom made a chicken + potatoes meal for lunch and in the evening, we got together with Jared's Dad + Step-mom and the rest of the family.
On Monday, I went to the hospital to get the standard pregnancy bloodwork done. On Tuesday morning, I got a call from the doctor's office saying that she needed me to come in to discuss the results. My immediate thought was, "Something is wrong or else I wouldn't need to go see her." I didn't think it was anything too serious, though. I went yesterday and it turns out I have a bladder infection which really surprised me! I've never had one before and I don't really have any symptoms! Now I'm on antibiotics which I have to take 3 times a day, plus I'm taking acidophilus to counteract the negative effects of the antibiotics (they kill the body's good + bad bacteria), and I have to drink lots of cranberry juice, which I don't really like, but it's not the end of the world. Thankfully it was nothing very serious especially since they caught it right away. Also, my iron is a bit low, so now I'm taking an iron supplement as well! My cupboard is starting to look like a small pharmacy but also with vitamins in it. Here's what I'm all taking right now:
Thankfully, 2 of them will be done next week. Does anyone know how long you're supposed to take folic acid for? Is it just for the 1st trimester (which I'm done with) or is it the whole pregnancy? I have a couple of weeks worth left. Yesterday, I had to go out with Kiera in that horrible weather (rain/snow) for 3 different appointments in 3 different towns/cities and coming home in between all of them only to have to go back out again a little while later! Not fun driving in the pouring rain all day, but we made it to all of them safely! I'm very much enjoying relaxing at home today hopped up on drugs + vitamins. :)
Thursday, May 14, 2009
I'm Thinking of Opening Up a Pharmacy...
Posted by Elleah at 2:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad you are basically fine and that your problem can be fixed with taking some extra things. I like your sense of humor. Love you and your growing family! Mom
I take folic acid all year every day. It is very good for you AND you need to have it in your body for 3 months prior to getting pregnant. I am not trying to get pregnant. (My husband would want to know what is going on if I did become pregnant.) But I am high risk for spinabifita so I don't take any chances with an 'accidental' pregnancy. Even after a snip snip it can happen:)
Keep taking it. It is really good for nails and hair and really cheap! Make sure you are taking 1 mg!
I know all about those nasty bladder infections. When I was pregnant with Aaron I had seven bladder/urinary tract infections. Not fun being on all those pills. I hope it gets better fast.
Also, Thanks for coming out to the epicure party. It was nice seeing you again, it's been so long. We should get together soon for coffee or something!!!
Hey Elleah.You are supposed to take folic acid before you get pregnant,and throughout the whole pregnancy.It can prevent neural tube defects.And also after you have baby you can still take them as well.My doctor advised me too after baby because it's good for breastfeeding as well.
Post a Comment