Yesterday was the big day...I got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time! There is nothing quite like it, especially that first time. :) I just couldn't help but break out in a big grin and sigh in relief as there was only one heartbeat! I guess there's a remote possibility that there could be twins and one heartbeat just didn't show up, but I'm thinking not! This pregnancy has been quite a bit different not only symptom-wise but with Kiera, I was VERY focused on her and thinking about "the baby" the entire pregnancy and with this one, I'm not as much. Sometimes I almost forget (but not totally) that I'm pregnant because Kiera keeps me so busy and I'm focused more on her right now. I'm guessing that's normal? I also had "rose-colored glasses" on when I was pregnant with Kiera because I was like, "Oh, we're going to have a baby and it's just going to be so wonderful!" She is wonderful, but I was TOTALLY unprepared for how much work she was going to be and what to do with a baby that screams for hours every day and it wasn't fun in the beginning like I thought it was going to be. I have a much more realistic view with this one knowing that it's going to be great and also challenging at times! Our 2 biggest prayer requests in regard to this baby is that they will be healthy + that they'll be a content baby! On a slightly different note, I am really enjoying being in the 2nd trimester and I'm feeling good most of the time, so I praise God for that!
Something good came out of the whole "robin fiasco." When I went outside one day early in the morning to go block our windows, I saw that it had rained and there were water droplets hanging from our neighbor's tree that hangs into our backyard. I took this picture which I really like.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Thoughts About This Pregnancy
Posted by Elleah at 1:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
There were times with me during my pregnancy with Kar that I also forgot (momentarily) that I was pregnant. Having a child already keeps you so busy that you almost forget. Wait until the belly gets bigger...then you may have an easier time remembering LOL!!
I LOOVE the picture!!!
That is a great picture.
I think it's funny/cute that you breathed a sigh of relief when you only heard one heartbeat. It never occurred to me that there would be two!
Cool picture!
I'm excited for you that you got to hear the little baby's heartbeat... It's so amazing that a baby so small can have such a perfect heartbeat..."fearfully and wonderfully made!"
My prayers are also for a healthy baby and one that is more content than Kiera was, but just as wonderful!
Very nice picture. Love you guys. Mom
That photo is amazing! I wish I had berries near by!
Post a Comment