CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Life Update

On Saturday, I agreed to baby-sit for a little girl who's 2 months older than Kiera. I am regretting that now only because she came with a cold and now me, Jared, and Kiera, who has been the picture of perfect health since the day she was born, all have colds. I am by far the worst and Kiera's nose is just a bit runny. I just had a cold about a month ago, so this is discouraging, but I am trusting God that He is my healer. I'm a total fighter when it comes to colds: I'm popping 3 vitamin C every 3 hours and praying up a storm. Kiera is her usual happy self today which is totally the grace of God. I was up at 2 a.m., 4 a.m., 6 a.m., 8 a.m., and finally up for the day at 9:15 (2, 6, and 9:15 were Kiera's feedings; the others were due to my cold), so I don't have an overabundance of energy today. So, this little girl we babysat is crawling and pulling herself up to stand, which I am NOT used to. I was changing her diaper and she flipped over and started crawling away! I was like, "Where in the world do you think you're going?" I got a glimpse of things to come and I see that I'm going to be MUCH busier once Kiera is mobile.

Yesterday, we threw my sister a surprise lingerie shower
, which was fun. Once again, she had no clue it was coming, so that was great. She said she hated us all after we yelled, "Surprise!" when she walked in the door, but I kind of don't think she meant it, especially after seeing the pretty things she got. She tried them on over her clothes, which was much less revealing than when I had my lingerie shower...they made me try them on over my underwear. Good thing I don't have any issues with my body! Kiera really enjoyed the balloons.


















Thankfully she didn't pop any of them. I found out on Saturday that she's not scared of the vacuum cleaner anymore (she used to cry every time I turned it on), so I was like, "Shoot! Now I don't have an excuse not to vacuum any more." You're probably all thinking my house is a disgusting pig sty or something, but almost our whole main floor is laminate and I sweep it almost every day. The upstairs was a bit more neglected since we pretty much only use one room out of 2, but I did vacuum it from time to time. I gotta go blow my nose and wipe Kiera's now, so I ask that you would pray for our healing. Thanks!

0 comments: