Yesterday, we had a surprise bridal shower for my sister who's getting married in 5 1/2 weeks (July 19). She is the best person in the world to surprise because she NEVER suspects a thing. It was held at my cousin's house and Jenene was told she was going over there to see the flower girl dress, since my cousin's daughter is a flower girl. So, we (my mom, Kiera, Jenene, and I) get there and my aunt, who's the seamstress and my cousin meet her at the door. We walk in and there are some pink balloons up in the living room, but Jenene thought that maybe they were up for my cousin's girls or something. We see there are some people on the deck and my aunt said to Jenene, "Come here." So, we walk out onto the deck and there are a bunch of our aunts, our grandmas, and a couple of our cousins all sitting there looking at her. Jenene said, "Oh, a family gathering!" Then she gets this strange look on her face as she realizes there's family there from both sides. I turned to her and said, "Surprise?" Her jaw dropped and she was like, "Oh my goodness!" and everyone started laughing. TOTALLY clueless 'til the last possible second...it was awesome! My aunt had a beautiful outfit for Jenene to wear during the shower
Kiera was feeling a bit snackish
She wanted to be a Hawaiian princess just like Aunty NeeNee and enjoyed sucking on the plastic ring which lit up
It was lots of fun and Jenene got gift certificates for Target (that's where her and Art are registered) and some gift certificates to get her hair and nails done for her wedding! She doesn't want actual presents because she's moving to Washington and doesn't have room to take 42 suitcases full of stuff on the plane. Oh, have I mentioned I'm in a bridal party for the first time in my life, besides being a bride? I'm the matron of honor. I think "matron" makes me sound like I'm 80 years old, but that's my title because I'm married. I just learned that recently from my sister. I didn't actually know the difference between "maid of honor" and "matron of honor" because most of the weddings I've been to there was a maid of honor, not a matron. I guess all those years of reading the dictionary and encyclopedias really paid off for her! :)
Monday, June 9, 2008
Hawaiian Shower
Posted by Elleah at 8:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a really fun surprise! Glad you can be in a wedding. I only have once also. Oh well!
That's a really cute theme for a shower... glad you were able to surprise her so good!
Post a Comment