CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 13, 2008

The States

Yesterday, me, Kiera, my mom, my sister, Jared, and his friend, Nyk went to the States for the night. It was a great little getaway and I always love going there. We managed to get lost on the way there (Jared wanted to take a shortcut and that really didn't work), so what was supposed to be a 2 hour and 15 min. drive took 3 hours. While we were there, we did quite a bit of shopping and Kiera did EXTREMELY well with only one proper nap yesterday and only one on the way home today. She was quiet and happy almost the whole trip! TOTALLY an answer to prayer! She basically slept through the night, too, until 8:30 a.m. except for one short feeding during the night.

Jenene trying on the ugliest clothes she could find























I bought 2 t-shirts for $5 each and a tank top for $6...I just can't find those kinds of deals north of the border. We went to the Golden Corral for supper, which is a HUMONGOUS buffet restaurant. I had 3 plates full of food and I wasn't overly full by the end. Yes, I have a super huge appetite all the time. At the hotel, we gave Kiera things to play with to keep her entertained.

Kiera, that's not where a tampon is supposed to go...


















We stayed at a great hotel which has 3 hot tubs, a warm heated pool, a kiddie pool, nice rooms, a free continental breakfast, it's right next to the mall, and it's only $60 a night ($70 on the week-end)! I highly recommend it! Jared and I went to Target and bought Mexican Train Dominoes and Sequence, so we're going to play games together tonight! On the way home, we drove through 2 storms and it was raining so hard that it was difficult to see while driving. The rain pounding on the roof was deafening and Kiera slept through it all! We normally have a c.d. playing with a track called "Rain On The Roof" when Kiera is sleeping (we use it for white noise), so I guess she's used to that, just not nearly so loud. It was a fun little trip, but it's always nice to come home, except for the one time when we forgot to take out our garbage and we came home after 5 days and the whole house smelled like trash...oops! Have a great week-end everybody!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like lots of fun! And a great hotel (better than we had!)