CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Feeding and Cleaning Musings

As you saw from Saturday's post, feeding Kiera is messy. She is kind of like a pendulum: she moves her head from side to side and once in a while opens her mouth for about half a second and then I have to quickly try to shove the spoon in her mouth while she's still moving it from side to side and half the time I miss and it goes everywhere. Then she sneezes with a mouth full of food and then I too, am covered in squash or pea soup. We both need to wear bibs during her feedings! Then, she usually ends up wiping her eye with a hand covered in food...ya, it's a long and dirty process. She really doesn't like it when I wipe her hands and face clean afterwards. I obviously won't take her out of her high chair until she's clean, or she would wipe the food everywhere. She usually fusses while I'm doing that until I take her out of the chair. I think we're like that with God sometimes. We feel stuck in one place spiritually and wonder why we're not going places, but maybe God wants to remove some sin from our lives before we can move forward. Obviously we'll never be perfect, but I think at times He wants to wipe our hearts clean of the filth that accumulates before He takes us to a new place. It's not comfortable to deal with those issues and we may fuss, but we'll be so much better off afterward. That's what He spoke to me this morning during Kiera's breakfast.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm amazed at the spriritual parallels you draw from life. Something to think about as I'm now feeding Seth too. Boy is it a chore!

shinbone #4 said...

great analogy :D
it seems parenting is a great place to make connections with our relationship with our heavenly Father

Jared said...

Good point Babe! Apparantly God is showing you lots through our daughter...