When we were in Kelowna, it was the relaxing part of our trip. It was GREAT to be busy and see lots of things in Washington and then it was nice to have a few days of not having much on our agenda. These are pictures of Jared’s Uncle + Aunt’s beautiful front yard and house.
This is the backyard (view from the deck)
The kids enjoyed their sandbox
Their main floor is 1500 sq. ft. with a full basement (mostly unfinished), and they have a 450 sq. ft. upstairs. There are 2 bedrooms upstairs + a bathroom, so that’s where we slept. In the morning, we drove around for a bit. A lot of the houses in Kelowna are just incredible! I find it so interesting how many of them are built on hills. This post could also be called All Kinds of Houses Part 2!
We took a long bridge across Lake Okanagan
Such a gorgeous lake set against the mountains
We took the kids to Rotary Beach Park and the kids LOVED swimming at the beach!
I was sitting on the sand and I zoomed in and got this picture of her laughing, which I love!
After the beach, we went back to the house and the kids really enjoyed painting on the covered deck with Aunt Diane.
In the evening, we went to Jared’s friend Justin’s house for supper. He moved to Kelowna several years ago and got married last summer, so we also got to meet his wife, Bri. The neighbor’s dog kept coming to visit because we had a bbq and he was very interested in our food.
They live out in the country on a farm. Here’s a picture of the cherry trees (there was a whole field of them.
Their house
Their neighbor’s ridiculous house on the same yard (they also own the house Justin + Bri are living in)
We ate outside and the sunset was beyond amazing!
I can’t remember the last time I saw pink like this!
We put Haley down to sleep on a blanket on the floor in one of their rooms, which we’ve never done before, and she slept, so we were able to stay until 10:00 and visit. We had a great time!
1 comments:
Wow, Kelowna is so beautiful!
Post a Comment