CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Haley’s 1st Birthday

On Sunday, August 12, Haley became a 1-year-old and we had her birthday party on that same day.  I spent 5 hours making her cake.  It was my very first time doing anything with icing in piping bags and I was very happy the way it turned out.  Ya, it’s not a very professional-looking cake, but it looked like the picture I copied, so I say it was a success!  Oh, and it was a gluten-free and dairy-free cake mix and it tasted good!

Looking out to the backyard

Jared helped me with the balloons….I am really bad at tying them.

Typical “trying on Baba’s sunglasses” picture

The last time we will use the “1” candle on one of our kid’s cakes

“Why won’t you let me touch it yet?”

We didn’t do the whole “stick the kid in the high chair and let them eat cake” thing that evening.  She happily ate on Jared’s lap.

The kids had fun with their Poppy

My friend, Melissa came with her new husband (they had been married for 2 weeks + a day)…such a wonderful couple!

Haley is starting to try to pull herself up to a standing position, but she’s often not successful yet.  Her hair dried super spiky after her bath, which was so cute!

I often forget to get myself in one of the pictures, but that day I remembered!

Opening her presents

Can’t believe my youngest is a year old already!  We will be leaving the baby years behind and moving forward into new adventures.  I’m excited!  Although she will not always be a baby, she will always be our baby. :)  We love you more than words can say, our sweet Haley Joy!

1 comments:

Jenene said...

Nice shirt. ;) And good job on the cake!