I recently found this recipe in a grocery flyer and decided to try it out. I had never made anything like it before and it turned out very well!
Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup each chopped onions and broccoli
5 large eggs
1/3 cup miracle whip or mayonnaise
1/3 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 frozen pie crust (9 inch)
-Heat oven to 375.
-Cook vegetables in skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat for 5 min., stirring occasionally.
-Beat eggs, dressing, and milk in medium bowl with whisk until well blended. Stir in vegetable mixture and cheese; pour into pie crust. Place on baking sheet.
-Bake 40-45 min. or until centre is set and top is golden brown. Let stand 10 min. before cutting to serve.
This was very quickly eaten by the whole family and I probably could have made 2 of them for supper. I didn’t think Kiera would eat it since there were mushrooms and broccoli in there, but she had no issues with it! Yay!
On a completely unrelated note, Kiera + I spent the afternoon outside yesterday while Blake was napping. It was SO nice to just soak in the beautiful sunshine. At one point, we were sitting on rocks by our fire pit and I asked Kiera if we should pray. I had somebody specific on my heart and Kiera agreed that we should pray. I asked her, “Who should we pray for?” She said the exact person I had in mind (someone we know who has cancer)! I was blown away that God could speak the exact same thing to a 3-year-old as to an adult! She prayed and then she continued playing. That made my day! :)
3 comments:
Wow Elleah...I was blessed by your short story about Kiera and you being prompted to pray for the same person! That quiche looks good...you'll have to make it again and maybe add just a few more veggies since Kiera actually ate a dish with some veggies in it!!!
That Quiche sounds delicious, and it might be something I could actually make!
Sounds like you're raising a Godly little girl. :)
I saw that same recipe in the Sobey's flyer and made it too! It was good, but I didn't like how pasty it tasted. (I think it was because of the mayo) My mom's is way better, so I'm actually making it for supper tonight! (my mom's recipe though) It's a great meal, with all four food groups and Hayden LOVED it too! Granted though, she always whatever we offer her without a problem.
Post a Comment