CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 16, 2011

Lots of Fun!

We had a busy, fantastic week-end! On Friday, we bought a deep freeze with money that we got back from our car insurance company and it was exactly enough! I had also prayed that God would provide money for me to buy new runners, since I didn't have any. On Thursday, I got paid for recording a bunch of piano songs for a voice teacher, so I had enough to buy some new Skechers! I am so blessed to see how God has been providing for us! On Friday, we also went grocery shopping as a family after supper. Usually I just go by myself, so it was kind of fun to go altogether. We ran into a lot of people we knew in the store, so it took longer than I had planned. Once we got back from grocery shopping, I unpacked the cold things and then left for a birthday party for 2 of my friends. I laughed a lot and just had a wonderful time!

On Saturday, Jared went to a friend's house in the afternoon to watch a movie, so I stayed home with the kids and spent time with Kiera in our back yard while Blake was napping. In the evening, my sister-in-law + brother-in-law came to baby-sit our kids while we went out for supper with a gift card that we got. After supper, we went to my cousin's bowling social (she's getting married in August). We played 2 rounds of Bingo bowling which was fun! We had never done that before. We got back after midnight and our baby-sitters were sleeping, which we expected.

On Sunday, we went to church. Jared got offered 4 free tickets from his work for a baseball game, so we dropped off our kids at my parents' house after church and went to the game with my other brother-in-law and sister-in-law. The weather was GORGEOUS and sunny and we actually got a bit sunburned (Jared did way more than I did). We went out for supper after and they paid for our meals, so that was very generous of them! We picked up our kids on our way home, put them to bed, and watched 2 episodes of "Undercover Boss." I LOVE week-ends like that!! Today, Jared took the day off to study, so it feels like a long week-end for us! Happy Monday! :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Glad we could be a part of making your weekend a happy one. Kiera had lots of fun playing with the kids at our neightbors and Blake had a nice long nap.

CAndruman said...

That sounds like a VERY fun weekend!