Time for another Wednesday recipe. This is another one of Jared’s favorites and the kids like it, too, which is always great! I’ve served it for company a couple of times now and they have all liked it, too. It’s very difficult to mess it up, unless you accidentally leave your toaster oven on broil instead of bake when wanting to bake the chicken. That was right before my cousin arrived for supper and I had to throw the chicken out and start over, so that was a dumb move. He was very gracious and didn’t seem to mind waiting for supper to be ready. Here’s the recipe:
Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1/2 cup milk
2 cups diced cooked chicken (I bake a chicken breast ahead of time)
1 cup salsa (I usually leave this out because it’s too spicy for the kids)
1 tsp. chili powder (the ingredient that makes it taste amazing)
6 large flour tortillas
In a small bowl, combine soup + milk. Set aside. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, 1/2 of salsa, chili powder and 5 tbsp. of soup/milk mixture. Put chicken mixture on tortillas + roll up jelly roll style. Place seam side down on a greased rectangle baking dish. Do this with all of the tortillas and then spread remaining soup mixture over enchiladas. Spread remaining salsa over. Cover with foil. Bake at 375 F for 35 minutes. I find one of these is barely enough for our family, so last time I made double the recipe. I’m not really supposed to eat these because of the soup, but I use almond milk as a substitute and then just eat 1 or 2 and it’s usually ok. They’re SO good!
2 comments:
That sounds so easy and DELICIOUS! I'm going to print this out and make it sometime SOON! Thanks for sharing it! :)
Superstore has an Extra Mild salsa that I buy for myself. I can't have anything even a little spicy. It's very bland, but I still like it. I don't know if maybe that would be okay for your kids?
Post a Comment