CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 18, 2011

Pregnancy

Sleep has been an on + off issue this pregnancy, or I should say lack thereof. I had some problems sleeping when I was pregnant with Blake, too, but that was mostly at the end. This time, it started at the beginning. If Blake wakes up in the night, I often have a hard time falling back asleep. This past week-end, I had 2 or 3 nights in a row that I was up from 3 a.m. - 5 or 5:30 a.m. It's frustrating, but I do get a lot of praying done. I often get up and read my Bible, too. I would much rather do those things during the day, though! I think it was Saturday night that I was lying in bed on my back and I put my hand on the lower part of my belly. Right away, I felt a hard lump about the size of a peach, which is the size of what the baby was (now it's the size of a softball). My jaw dropped as I lay there thinking, "I'm pretty sure this is the baby!" I kept my hand there and I didn't feel the baby move, but after about a minute, the skin underneath my hand suddenly got completely soft! I don't think you're supposed to feel the baby at 14 weeks along, so I just felt like God was giving me a miraculous gift as I was lying there awake! I'm now 15 weeks along and I have felt some fluttering this past week (I KNOW it's not gas), so I'm feeling my baby early which is really cool! As I said in my Facebook status, this baby likes to hide and the doctor, once again, had a hard time finding the baby's heartbeat. She finally found the baby at the very bottom of my belly (really low) and I finally got to hear the wonderful whooshing sound of their heartbeat! The doctor said she never has problems finding the heartbeat with someone my size, especially with being 15 weeks along, so she was quite surprised.

This pregnancy has been by far the easiest one so far. The hardest part about it was my digestion problems. I started off my pregnancy with no symptoms, which I was actually a bit concerned about because I was hoping everything was ok. God was trying to tell me, "Trust me! I just want to give you a great pregnancy!" Then, from 6-8 weeks, I got a tiny bit nauseous in the mornings, but that was it. Besides a growing belly and being hungry quite frequently, I haven't had any other symptoms! It would be really hard to have a difficult pregnancy, plus look after my 2 kids, so I really feel God's grace pouring out on me! Now if my labor could go as smoothly as my pregnancy so far, that would be wonderful! :)

3 comments:

Sheila said...

What a blessing, but hopefully you'll be able to have more rest soon! I felt Jaden for the first time around 14 weeks as well. Enjoy all those awesome pregnancy moments!

Mom said...

Ahhh, the wonder of new life growing in your womb! Glad you're pregnancy is going alright (except for lack of sleep and non pregnancy related digestion problems). Although that seems to be going better as well. P.T.L.!

Roo said...

new life! sooo exciting!