CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One of my Favorite Drinks

My Facebook status last night was about how I was enjoying my homemade strawberry lemonade.  I immediately had several requests for the recipe, so I decided to post it on my blog as well.  Lemonade is one of my favorite drinks and I LOVE strawberry as well, so it’s a great combo!

1 3/4 cups white sugar (I use 1 cup white sugar and 3/4 cup organic cane sugar)

7 cups water

1 1/2 cups lemon juice

1 cup Sun Rype Strawberry Watermelon juice

Bring sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil.  Stir to dissolve sugar.  Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until chilled.

In a pitcher, stir the sugar water, remaining 6 cups of cold water, lemon juice, and strawberry watermelon juice together.  If you want just regular lemonade, use a total of 8 cups of water and no strawberry watermelon juice.  It’s a taste of summer in the winter!

strawberry lemonade