It's great to finally have our baby news made public! We actually told our families at Christmas and then started telling our friends after that, so it hasn't really been a big secret. We wrapped up the positive pregnancy test and gave it to our families. They were all really surprised, except for my Mom-in-law. She had been bugging us and asking about it and I actually lied to her, which I felt bad about! My Mom didn’t have her glasses on when she opened it, so she was holding it, starting at it really confused, and wondering why we were giving her a thermometer for Christmas! Ha ha! I had my camera ready for when she finally realized what it was and this was her expression.
Priceless! I have very much enjoyed watching peoples’ reactions. Jared’s Dad immediately got tears in his eyes, which was very sweet. Oh, and as a side note, my digestion problems started before I got pregnant and have nothing to do with the pregnancy.
This was a planned pregnancy and we are planning to be done our family after this one. We actually sort of started trying at the end of August, but soon discovered that for me, it’s not physically possible to get pregnant while breastfeeding, as I had no cycle. We decided to wait until I could safely switch Blake to 3% milk in October and then a month later I got pregnant. I am now 14 1/2 weeks along and due in the middle of August. Blake + this baby will be 21 months apart, so 3 months closer together than our first 2 kids.
I had a scare 3 1/2 weeks ago at my first doctor’s appointment. I went and she couldn’t find the baby’s heartbeat. It’s a bit early to find it at 11 weeks, but with thin people, you can often hear the baby’s heartbeat earlier. She immediately booked me for an ultrasound which was the following day. Those 24 hours between appointments was hard for me. I had sharp pain close to my stomach the week-end before, so thoughts of possible miscarriage were running through my head. I did some crying and a ton of praying. I had our families and some friends praying as well. I kept asking God for life. I decided to go to the ultrasound by myself as I felt peace about it. It was really hard to know how to prepare myself for the appointment, though, as I knew I was either going to be hearing amazing, joyful news, or totally devastating news. I had also prayed for a really nice ultrasound tech and she was super nice + friendly! The first things she said to me were, “I’m having a hard time getting the baby’s measurements because the baby is so active and there’s only one in there!” PRAISE THE LORD!!!! I was SO relieved that the baby is totally healthy! There had also been a lot of jokes about twins and the night before the ultrasound, my friend had a dream that Jared had warmed up 2 bottles and the reason there were 2 bottles was because we had twins. I prefer to have one baby at a time, so that was good news to me. :) I got to see the baby’s heartbeat (which was strong) flickering on the screen, and I got to see their little arms + legs moving. It’s incredible that at 11 weeks the baby is almost fully formed! Everything was there that was supposed to be there! When I saw the baby, I said, “Wow! What a miracle!” We are truly blessed to have another miracle on the way! :)
3 comments:
Congratulations, Elleah :)
Yes how precious new life is and sooo thankful that the baby is doing well!!
So happy that your little baby is growing and healthy! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment