CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Birthday Fun

Well, today is my birthday.  I can’t say that I’m super excited to be turning a higher number today, but I am very thankful for every birthday that I get to celebrate.  I figured today would be a good day to blog about the early birthday party we had for the kids when my sister + brother-in-law were visiting.  We had a family party a few weeks early while they were here, since they don’t usually get to celebrate the kids’ birthdays with us.  Here’s my Mom making the cake

IMG_6050

and here is the amazing finished product

IMG_6055

 

Decorating (yes, she has a balloon stuck to her butt)

IMG_6066

IMG_6067

The balloons were a hit

IMG_6081

Singing “Happy Birthday”

IMG_6084

Digging in

IMG_6087

Blake still only has 2 bottom teeth and chokes on anything bigger than a crumb, so I had to feed him tiny amounts of cake, which he enjoyed

IMG_6088

IMG_6094

Opening gifts

IMG_6097

IMG_6100

Such a cute tuque!

IMG_6105 

IMG_6108

Gotta love all having birthdays within 3 weeks of each other!  It’s busy but fun! Which has been your most memorable birthday and why?

4 comments:

Jenene said...

I'd have to say the most memorable birthday was the surprise party you threw for me when I turned 19. That was pretty much the most awesome weekend ever.

It probably helped that I'm way too easy to surprise. I never suspect anything. :)

Kathy said...

That's an amazing cake!

My most memorable birthday was my 16th, I had mono :)

Sheila said...

LOVE the cake!! She did an amazing job! You're sister looks adorable (love her little baby bump!), and a Happy Birthday to you!

PS. I thought your comment about Blake choking on anything bigger than a crumb was pretty funny!

Mom said...

The cake turned out okay, even though it looked kinda rickety. Maybe that added to the overall look! "The maker of the cake".