Over the past few days, I have had 3 answers to prayer, which I thank God for! One I've been praying about for a while is that Kiera would start going on the toilet. Previously, she was only peeing on her little potty, which meant she would just go pee in her diaper or pull-up when going other places, unless we brought her little potty along. She started peeing all by herself on the toilet on the week-end! YAY!
The 2nd thing I've been praying is that God would humble me. It's SO easy to have pride, so I've been praying for humbleness. Well, God always provides situations for me where I have to swallow my pride and this past week-end was no exception. Kiera came upstairs and told me she wanted a treat. I asked her, "Did you go pee on the potty?" and she said, "Yep!" She was fully dressed and when she goes to the bathroom, she can get everything off but not put her pants back on. I said, "I don't believe you." She lay down on the floor and started crying, telling me that she did go pee and she wanted a treat. I told her I would go ask her Dad. I went downstairs and asked Jared if by chance Kiera had gone pee on the potty. He said, "Well, I'm not sure, but I found her in the bathroom with her pants down and she had already flushed the toilet, so I helped her get her pants back on." I said, "That means she did go pee and she was telling the truth." I felt so bad! I went back upstairs and had to humble myself and apologize to Kiera for not believing her. I thought I was right and had to admit I was wrong, which is hard for me to do.
The 3rd answer to prayer was quitting breastfeeding. Breastfeeding Blake has gone very well this past year, except for whenever I would skip a feeding. Every time that happened, I would get a fever, achy, and just feel totally lousy for 24 hours. So, I was apprehensive about quitting breastfeeding as I didn't want to get sick. I quit on Friday right before the week-end so that Jared would be home in case I wasn't feeling well enough to take care of the kids. I prayed about it and wouldn't you know, I haven't gotten sick! Yes, I've been in a fair amount of pain, but I've had no fever or achiness throughout my body! That is a total miracle! I am so blessed and in awe of God! Have you had any answers to prayer recently?
Monday, October 18, 2010
Answers To Prayer
Posted by Elleah at 9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You're post is a reminder of how practical and involved our God wants to be in our lives! He cares about the little things, the big things, and everything in between. Thanyou Lord!
Post a Comment