CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 20, 2009

I've Got Food On the Brain

These days, I have to eat at least every 2 hours in order to not feel gross (due to being pregnant) and also to keep my energy levels up, so I spend quite a bit of time thinking about food. Last night, we tried a new recipe (I say we because Jared helped me make it) and it turned out great. It's Tater Tot Casserole. You brown beef, add in some taco seasoning, and add in cream of mushroom soup (you could also do cream of chicken soup instead). You mix it altogether and put in on the bottom of a casserole dish. You put the tater tots on top and bake it for 20-25 min. Then, you add shredded cheese and bake it for another 5 min. until the cheese is melted. Ta da! It may not be the healthiest meal ever, but it tasted great and it was super easy to make! I'm a huge fan of simple recipes. To top it off, for dessert, I made myself a smoothie/milkshake. I put vanilla ice cream, a tsp. of vanilla, and strawberry passion fruit juice in the blender and out comes a drink that makes my day!! It's my most recent new favorite thing! I do eat fruit, yogurt, some veggies, and such almost every day, in case you're getting concerned about my diet. I know good nutrition is important for both me and the baby! Now that my mouth is watering, I gotta go get a snack. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love that recipe! It is so easy! Did you get it from my website? or find it on campbell's site?

Danae said...

Sounds like a recipe I'll have to try! I was the same way when I was pregnant, snacking all the time! I always craved cold refreshing things like smoothies or orange juice.

Mom said...

I think about eating a lot and I'm not pregnant! If I was at home everyday I'd hate to think what I would look like because I would probably eat wayyy too much. Anyway keep them healthy snacks handy. Love you and your little ones, Mom.

Jenene said...

That does sound like a yummy recipe. Maybe I'll make it next month (if Art lets me). He's being very serious about his diet and fitness this month, so I must be supportive by not tempting him with bad foods.

Jacki said...

That's been one of our favourites, too! Another good one is chicken noodle casserole (with chow mein noodles)...perhaps I'll have to write that one down for ya! (We sure love easy recipes, as well.)

Jamie said...

I was very much the same as far as eating in my first trimester. Even now, if I don't eat lunch by 12:00 I start feeling not good! As far as wanting to eat/snack all the time, that's a regular thing for me, even when not pregnant!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy Elleah! That's so exciting.

svea said...

i love your food choices, when pregnant eat waht sounds good and those both sound amazing, tater tots I have not had those in years but i might have to get some, and the smoothie thing i love them too and have had waffles ( homemade) at least 4 times this month. Enjoy your pregnancy and your sweet girls she is growing fast!