On Friday, I made the mistake of letting Kiera take our tube of toothpaste out of the bathroom. She was playing so nicely with it that I didn't want to take it away from her. She doesn't know how to unscrew the lid, so as long as it's safe, I let her play with it. She doesn't entertain herself very easily or very often, so I let her be if she is!
Fast forward several hours later...I was getting ready for bed when I realized our toothpaste was missing. I thought, "Oh no! I never put it back after Kiera was done playing with it. Where could she have possibly put it?" I looked underneath every piece of furniture on the main floor, in the cupboards, and drawers that she can reach, and I even checked the recycling bin downstairs to see if I had accidentally put it in there when I was cleaning up earlier. It was nowhere to be found! I quickly called Jared to see if he knew where it was. He said, "The last place I saw it was lying on the middle of the kitchen floor." I know, great place to keep toothpaste, right?! I know I could have just given up and bought a new tube of toothpaste the next day, but we're on an extremely tight grocery budget and I did NOT want to give up. I only bought this toothpaste a week or two ago. I knew it had to be in the house somewhere! I stopped and prayed, "Lord, would you please show me where the toothpaste is?" Yes, I prayed about toothpaste. I really believe that God cares about the littlest things. I went back upstairs and was standing in the kitchen, when God gave me this thought to look in the garbage under the sink. Kiera is not supposed to touch any garbage cans and she usually (miraculously) stays away from them. I looked in the can, and sure enough, it was lying on top of the bag. Wow! My faith totally jumped up a notch! I was blown away! Isn't it interesting how I ask God for something and then I'm completely surprised when He answers?! "Lord, help me overcome my unbelief." Mark 9:24 That was my faith booster for the week-end and I'm just so thankful for God's love and that He cares and He's so very faithful!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Oh Where Is My Toothpaste?
Posted by Elleah at 12:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Woohoo! It's great serving the God who knows all things! (and where all things are hidden) :)
I'm glad you found your toothpaste. God does care, remember he cares about the sparrows and takes care of them, and we are worth a lot more to Him than sparrows. I need to ask God where I put my new tablecloth. When He shows me where to look, I'll let you know where it is. Okay I went to what came to mind just now. It wasn't in the cedar chest, but it was in the closet, where I had already looked yesterday! Thank you Lord.
That's *such* a great story. :) Don't ever feel silly about praying for toothpaste. I pray to find my keys all the time. He's great, isn't He?!
Post a Comment